Saturday, February 26, 2011

Makeup haul & new camera!





(L to R: OPI Black Shatter, Maybelline Eyestudio, Cover Girl Nature Luxe, Maybelline FIT Me!, Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Mascara)

First let me say i've been looking for the OPI Shatter nailpolish since FOREVER! I finally have it, and I love it! It dries so quickly, the shatter happens as soon as you put the polish on! I'm currently wearing it over Pure Ice's Hot Tamale.


Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner: I've never used a gel liner before, so I was kind of worried about spending my money on something I wasn't sure if id even be decent at using. But I went ahead and got it anyway. You won't know until you go, right? It turns out i'm better at using gel liner than I am at using liquid liner! Hooray! Like I said, this is the first gel liner i've tried, so I can't compair it to anything. But the one thing I noticed is it's staying power. I put it on early in the AM, and by the time I got home later that night it still looked like I had just put it on. It's smooth and easy to put on. I'm definitly using this from now on instead of liquid liner!!

Cover Girl Nature Luxe: I got this tinted lip balm in the color Tulip. For some reason I really like the smell of it. It smells kind of sweet! Not that smell is a big seller for me, I just happened to notice the scent, lol! The color this balm gives my lips is wonderful! It's a nice hint of pink without being too bright or over-bearing! It's also pretty glossy. My only complaint is that the balm itself is thin. You don't get a whole lot of product in the tube.

Maybelline FIT Me! Foundation: I never wear foundation. Not because I have amazingly perfect skin, but because every one I would try felt so heavy and cakey on my face. I've read so many great reviews, and seen many on youtube, about this foundation. I had to give it a try! Let me just say, I LOVE IT! It feels weightless on my skin!!! It gives great coverage, goes on smoothly and blends so well! I'm not sure if I like the dewey look it gives, i'm pretty indifferent about it I suppose. But I am so happy I purchased this foundation. It's the first decent one i've tried in a loooong time!! I'm in the shade # 115 (hey, I haven't started tanning yet, hehe!). It's the perfect shade for me, it matches so well! I definitly recommend this for anyone who's looking for a great light-weight foundation.

Hard Candy ginormous Lash Mascara: I've only been using this for two days, so I can't say much about it so far (growth wise). This mascara claims it's "infused with growth serum". As a general mascara, it kind of sucks. It doesn't make my lashes longer or more defined. They pretty much look the same, with or without the mascara on. I'm going to give it 2 weeks to see if my lashes 'grow' at all.


On a non-makeup related note: I GOT A NEW DIGI CAM! *does a happy dance*


It's a pink Sanyo! I really wanted it because it was 14 mega pixels, which way better than my old camera. I was initially looking at the Canon Cool Pix camera, but it was only 12 mega pixels, and more expensive! I'm going to be taking pictures of everything, so watch out!

I also got a hair cut! It was just about 2 inches. I got my layers re-done. Tomorrow i'm dying it dark brown. Right now it's brown with blonde-ish highlights. Plus about an inch and a half of my roots are showing! I just want it all one color. I'll post pics once im done!

0 comments: